Referencing bio.dll

Apr 15, 2010 at 5:30 PM

Hi

I trying to play around with MBF and facing weird problem with referencing bio.dll in VS2010 RTM. If i add a reference to bio.dll everything is fine in the first place. Intellisense finds the namespaces and I can write the using statements and the stuff I wanna use in MBF. Like this:

using Bio.IO.Fasta;
private void button1_Click(object sender, EventArgs e)
{
            FastaParser fp = new FastaParser();
            var seq = fp.Parse(@".\Populus.trichocarpa.v2.0.CDS.fa");
}

However as soon as I compile the first time I get the error that the namespace is unknown and I'm missing a reference.

Error 2 The type or namespace name 'Bio' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) D:\Homes\jan\VSDev\MyBioProg01\MyBioProg01\Form1.cs 9 7 MyBioProg01

"The type or namespace name 'Bio' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)"

I tried both the release of MBF and my own compiled version form the last snapshot. I also checked another custom dll to verify thats not a general problem with my VS installation.

Any ideas???

Thanks

Coordinator
Apr 15, 2010 at 7:31 PM

Please confirm that the properties page for your project have the application targeting ".NET Framework 4" and not the ".NET Framework 4 Client Profile"

If that doesn't do it, we'll have to see what the steps are to repro your specific problem.

-bobd-

Apr 15, 2010 at 7:37 PM

Ok, that was easy. I didn't know that client profile is now the default for new projects in VS.

Thanks!!!