sho runtime

Sep 22, 2010 at 1:29 PM

I wonder if there is any doc describing the sho runtime API. Sorry if this is not the right site to post such question but I didn't find any better place to ask for.

best regards

--Juan

Sep 22, 2010 at 1:52 PM

Hi Juan,

We are working on your issue. We will get back to you as soon as possible.

Please let us know if you have any further comments/issues.
Regards,
Support Team

Coordinator
Sep 23, 2010 at 1:38 AM

Juan,

I am sorry to say that there are no ShoRuntime docs available at the moment.  We have several biological code that make more use of Sho coming along and some Sho docs are in the plans, but the current prioritization and workload puts them out a month or two before we will be able to upload them to the site. 
If you have a specific question we might be able to help with, let us know and we'll see what we can do for you.

-bobd-

Sep 23, 2010 at 7:22 AM

Hi Bobd

I appreciate your offer.

I have another question. does the shoruntime license allow commercial products to use it directly and distribute it as part of the MBF?

regards

--Juan 

Coordinator
Sep 23, 2010 at 10:12 AM

Juan,

Note this is my non-lawyer interpretation so you may want to consult your own legal advisor...
I read the Sho Runtime License as limiting use of the Sho Runtime bits to programs using MBF and then redistributed with MBF.  There is no restriction on commercial use.  We anticipate providing more biological specific functionality within the MBF library and associated tools that will leverage more of Sho and I don't see any license restrictions preventing you from using Sho directly.  Unfortunately, without the documentation at the moment, writing to Sho will be harder than it should be... :-(

Best
-bobd-

Sep 23, 2010 at 10:53 AM
Thanks for your comments. Of course I fully understand it requires a deeper revision from a legal perspective. 
We are happy to hear MBF is growing. 

best regards
//Juan E